Sunday 8 September 2013

Happy Birthday, I Suppose?



Crap, I missed my blog's birthday! I feel so bad! I'm so sorry, bloggie!!
Okay, I'm lying. I'm not sorry. Neither do I feel bad (duh!).
I mean, seriously, people treat things like this in a way that's too nauseating for me to think about following them. It's just a damn blog, for god's sake! I mean, I love it, and all that, but birthday? Are you kidding me?

But yesterday, this thing happened.
I was in school, and my friend was like, 'So, you write a blog, right?'
And I was like, 'Yeah, so?'
Then she asked me when I started it, and I couldn't recall.
So I came home and went online to check. It so turned out that Blogspot only tells me the month in which I started my blog: August 2011. No specific date. So then I looked for my first post, and it turned out that I had deleted it a couple of months back (out of embarrassment, I'm sure). But that's not what my first thought was. I thought, 'Whoa, I started this thing two years back!'
It was this thought, then, that made me go through some of the blogs that I follow to check if it's a norm to post something special on your blog's birthday.
What I discovered is that some people write a whole post about their blog and why they love it, most others post a usual post and just mention that they are dedicating it to their blog (honestly?), while there are only a few
bloggers who don't bother to do anything special.
I guess I fall under the third category of bloggers, because I simply forgot the date on which I "gave birth" to my stupid little blog. And I only realised this after it has already turned two. I should be ashamed. (Only, I'm not.) To top it all, I still don't know its exact "date of birth". I regret not having gotten a
birth certificate made. But, c'mon, cut me some slack, I'm a 16-year-old single mom (Jeez! That just sounds creepy).
Any way, I think I've made it pretty clear that I don't give a rat's ass (I love that phrase) about my blog's birthday. But I do feel bad (and this time I'm not kidding) about the number of posts I've written till date. Only thirteen! And that's inclusive of my first post (the one I deleted).
Now that's just painfully sad.
So today, I take a pledge (ineffective during exam time) to write at least one post
every... let's say, two weeks. Seriously, a post every fortnight is the least that my "bloggie" deserves. I do love it, after all. (But that still doesn't make me feel any less weird about calling my blog 'he' or 'she'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment